Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Art Exhibition Review: TEMPEST Exhibition


Because I didn't go to the Sydney Biennale I'm going to do my review on an exhibition at the Newcastle Region Art Gallery.

The exhibition was called TEMPEST, and included two Newcastle based artists; James Gleeson, Peter Gardiner and Surreal artist Andy Devine. The exhibition shows off the concept of Industrial landscapes or internal mindscapes? While also exploring the common ground between these three artists.

My favourite artist of the three is Peter Gardiner. His works were of the internal mindscapes. What I liked most about his work was his concept art style of painting, his use of vivid and strong colours in a dark and grungy environment made his art stand out to me more than the other two artists.


This is a work by Gardiner called "East"

No comments:

Post a Comment